Last week's trading started with a wrong bias on ES, which was published on thanksgiving day. But, after taking the stop losses immediately, the rest of the week has been highly successful, as ES moved between my support and resistance numbers. So, overall i am considering last week to be successful blog articles. (Note that i publish intraday or daily updates as comments. I put in these comments in the last 2 blog articles every week). Since members do not get 'auto-update email' when a comment is published, i have decided to send out a group email, whenever i update with a comment.
As of this sunday afternoon, there is no major news releases that could move markets in a major way.
- On monday there is a lunch meeting between german and french leaders, in preparation for Dec. 9th meeting of EU political leaders.
- ECB meeting could potentially release some form of action, if there is an accord from the monday meeting of french and german leaders.
- In the US, there is no major economic data, until thursday/friday. On friday US trade data, which is the biggest piece of economic data for this week, in USA.
So, it is quite likely that the major move of this week will come in the second half of this week, rather than monday/tuesday. I have not checked the major news expected out of asia for this week, since i am not associating much weightage to asia right now.
So, for this week, i am presenting my trading plan for the week ahead. My support and resistance levels (published on Dec.1st) have not changed. As i noted in that article, i am more precise with the support levels but the resistance levels may have a few points of error (as witnessed in last friday's NY session). But, my trading sticks to my numbers (for reasons of risk management properly).
Technical Analysis:
I beleive that market is bullish for december to test highs. My year end estimate of 1290 on ES will be seen sometime during december (even if we do not finish year end there). The central bank intervention last week puts a floor below ES for this week near my support level of 1216.5. Note that this is exactly the target for my longs, as declared in a comment on monday, november 28th at 11.30am, (when ES was 1192 and below). If you continue reading those comments, you will see that i was considering shorts if ES pushes above 1260. This happened on friday, and following the resistance levels posted, i am holding short 1260 and 1249, going into second week of december. So, even though i am bullish for december, i am trying to play a potential down move, before any push higher is possible.
Capturing Short side of the market:
During monday NY opening, if market takes a bullish direction and ES reaches 1260, my swing shorts from last week will take a 5.5 point stop loss. This is acceptable, since my risk/reward criteria is justified with a potential move to my second support near 1230.5. I am planning on covering these shorts near 1230.5 support area, depending on market action on monday/tuesday.
Capturing Long side move:
I plan to wait and see market action around 1230-1226 and assess news breakouts on monday, to get ready for a potential move up. Buys will be initated near my support levels near 1217 and 1225, which will be sold at 1269.5, as my high probability (80%) trade of this week. IFF i am able to get entry near 1217, i would consider holding half of this long position for higher level resistances for year end target of 1290. I will make a decision on this, based on developments during the week. I will take the long positions using January options, to capture the potential up move as much as possible.
Stop loss for these longs = 1208 area in december.
Futures market is not yet open this sunday evening, and ES is at 1244, friday's close.